1. When you hear the name of Jesus what comes to mind first?
2. Read Philippians 2:6-11 – what does this verse tell us about the character of Jesus?
3. What are some ideas about Jesus that you or your friends/family have had that you now believe are wrong? What caused those ideas?
4. Read John 1:1-4 & v14 – what do you think it means that the “word became flesh?” What could this mean about Jesus’ relationship to scripture?
5. Is there a difference between the paper Bible and “the Word of God?”
6. Read Hebrews 4:12 – what does it mean that the word of God is living and active? Have you seen that activity in your life?
7. Read 2 Timothy 3:16, Matthew 5:18, and John 14:15. Some people want to put Jesus’ words in scripture above the rest of the Bible. What do these passages have to say about that?
8. Read Revelation 22:18-19, Proverbs 30:5-6, and Deuteronomy 4:2, – What are some examples you’ve heard of or seen where someone has tried to take away from or add to scripture?
9. Is it possible to idolize scripture? How do you make sure you’re worshiping Jesus and not the Bible?
10. What can you do this week to make sure that both Jesus and the Word of God are given their proper place in your life?